Friday, September 23, 2011

Roasted Potato Salad

My CSA shares brought a lot of potatoes into my life and they came in very handy when we needed to bring a side dish to a BBQ.  I love the standard potato salad that is mayo based but I wanted something a bit different to try and fell in love with this recipe.  It has a nice tang to it and since it doesn't have mayo you can serve it warm or room temperature and there isn't any worry about it going bad.  I think I'm going to make it for a BBQ we have this weekend, probably our last really warm weekend of the year.

Roasted Potato Salad
Adapated from Tasty Kitchen

3 pounds potatoes, cut into small wedges
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1/3-1/2 C olive oil
1 t salt
1/2 t pepper
3 T balsamic vinegar
3 T lemon juice
2 T dijon mustard, I love the sweet & spicy mustard for this
2 t granulated sugar
2 t dried dill

Preheat your oven to 425 F.

Combine the potatoes, onion, garlic, olive oil, salt, & pepper in a baking dish, I prefer my stoneware for this.  The amount of olive oil I use is based on how much it takes to sufficiently cover the potatoes to keep them from sticking to the pan.

Bake for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are tender and lightly browned.

In a bowl whisk together the balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, sugar, and dill.  Add to the potatoes after you remove them from the oven mixing well.  Serve straight out of the oven or at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment