Saturday, June 5, 2010

Gluten Free/Dairy Free S'mores Brownies

I found this evil recipe yesterday and had to make it immediately. It is as delicious as it sounds and won't dissapoint any chocolate lover. I adapted it to make it gluten free and dairy free and you'd never know it was either one. Enjoy but don't blame any weight gain on me.

S'mores Brownies
Adapted from Picky Palate


1 box GF brownie mix (you could also make it from scratch if you prefer, I just used what I had on hand)
GF graham crackers (I used 2.5 rows of the S'moreables)
4 Tropical Source GF/DF chocolate bars (Hershey's work if you can have dairy)
20 large marshmallows
Preheat oven to 350 F and line an 8x8 baking pan with tin foil sprayed with cooking spray. Prepare the brownie mix according to the package and pour half the brownie batter into the pan. Put a layer of graham crackers on the batter then a layer of the chocolate bars and marshmallows. Pour the remaining batter over the marshmallows and spread evenly as much as possible. It will not entirely cover all of the marshmallows and that's OK. Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes clean from the center. You have to let it cool completely, it's torture I know! Once it's cooled remove from the pan and cut into squares.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. This does look evil. I will have to try it soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm! We made these for a dinner party last night and everyone absolutely loved it -even served w/ ice cream, just because =)

    I found your site a few weeks ago when I did a search for "gluten free camping"! So, so glad I found you! We're in the Seattle area and often travel to Portland so can't wait to explore the restaurants you mentioned in other posts. My 1st grader is gluten-intollerant and I'm thinking my husband is too! It's a crazy ride but have found so many great sites & recipes. Thank you, thank you! You've definitely been added to my weekly reading =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you liked them. They are so dangerous but great when you can pawn them off on others :)

    ReplyDelete