Friday, May 15, 2009

Gluten Free Mama

I am all, well almost all I only have a couple cups left maybe, out of my Gluten Free Mama flours and this is a very serious situation. When I stumbled upon this flour I figured I’d give it a try and so far not one thing I’ve made with it has turned out bad, it’s delicious. My mom is also in love with this flour and recommends it for bread, I still haven’t tried it with bread so I’ll have to do that soon. One bonus in my mind is that it’s a Montana company and I do love to support American and Montana made products, I justify any extra expense for them by saying “well it’s made in America”, see I’m doing my part in this economy.


Since I’m out I ran to Rosauer’s last night after work to purchase more and what do I find? They are out of all Gluten Free Mama products! I about had a fit in the aisle but I calmly hid my disappointment and searched for it down other aisles knowing I was out of luck. So I guess I’ll have to stop at the Co-op or Oak Street Market this weekend to stock up. The Co-op only carries one of these flours and I think it's the Almond Blend mix. Both of these mixes are delicious and they’re great options for when I want pre-mixed flour because I don’t feel like making my own blend. As my sweet mother put it “who has time for that crap”. Sometimes none of us do so this is a great option.


I use the Almond Blend for everything and the Coconut Blend for sweet treats like brownies and cookies. These images are straight from their website.




No comments:

Post a Comment