Thursday, September 17, 2009

Gluten Free Corn Dog Muffins

My household has two muffin fanatics, if you didn’t know, and I think muffins are a gluten free mom’s blessing. They are great for breakfast, lunches, and snacks and I love that I can freeze them and have an easy lunch box item on days I don’t have leftovers to send with the kids. I make mostly fruit muffins so when I saw corn dog muffins I had to give it a gluten free try.



Gluten Free Corn Dog Muffins
Adapted from AllRecipes

1 10 oz package gluten free cornbread mix (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
1 T brown sugar
1 eggs
¾ C milk
½ C cheddar cheese, shredded
4 hot dogs, chopped in bite sized pieces (I sliced them length wise then cut into smaller pieces, mostly to avoid a choking hazard for my one year old)

Preheat oven to 400 F. Mix together the cornbread mix and brown sugar. In a small bowl whisk the eggs and milk until smooth. Fold the egg mixture and cheese into the cornbread mix until moistened. Add chopped hot dogs and mix until evenly distributed. Spoon into muffins tins (either lightly greased or use paper liners) until 2/3 full. Bake 14-18 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in a muffin.

Serve with honey butter, its funny how my sons eyes light up when he opens a muffin to find butter already spread on it.


Honey Butter
¾ C butter, room temperature
¼ C honey

Mix together the butter and honey until smooth then store covered in the refrigerator.
My kids like to pick the hotdogs out of them first and then eat the corn bread. I didn’t find them to be the best things in the world (I could do without the hotdogs in them) but they’re not bad. They definitely need the honey butter.
The important part is they made these two smile, at least before my girl threw hers across the counter.

No comments:

Post a Comment