Friday, May 21, 2010

Kettlehouse Brewery, Gluten Free Beer

I spotted this fantastic article online about the Kettlehouse Brewery in Missoula working on a gluten free beer. Yes! They have made a Seeley Axe White (ha!) beer brewed with Sorghum but until they can do testing for gluten proteins in the beer they are stating it's "gluten reduced". I understand them wanting to cover their butts.

I think this is great news and deserves a lot of support from the beer drinking GF community. If you happen to try a glass of it please let me know what you think of the beer and if you have any reactions.

The Kettlehouse Brewery is located at 602 Myrtle Street in Missoula.

3 comments:

  1. I don't have a problem with Gluten, but wanted to try it anyway so I could tell my friends that need GF choices.

    The beer was very good. Had some nice floral and citrus notes.

    I recommend people stop by Kettlehouse and give it a try.

    Don't forget, Montana tasting rooms close on the early side (8 p.m.) so plan accordingly.

    -Andy Commons
    www.andycommons.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the input Andy. I'm looking forward to giving it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in Billings MT, am GF, and sorely miss the great taste of microbrews. Where and how may I find this particular GF beer in my local area? Go GRIZ !!!!

    ReplyDelete