Monday, July 12, 2010

Cholesterol Fighting Green Monster Smoothie - Gluten Free & Dairy Free

I know Green Monster smoothies are all over the internet but this has been our breakfast for the past few weeks and I love it, so I decided to share it. This Green Monster specifically fights cholesterol with the spinach, flax seed meal, blueberries, kefir, and avocado. I based it for my Hubby but I can always use help keeping my cholesterol down too. Hubby is not a big vegetable fan but this is an easy and delicious way for him to get the benefits of the veggies without having to eat them in the traditional manner, and you don't taste the spinach. You can add any fruit or leafy vegetables you like and I do mix it up now and then but this is our standard.



Cholesterol Fighting Green Monster Smoothie


2 C spinach leaves
1 T flax seed meal
1 C fresh or frozen blueberries
1 medium banana, sliced
1/4 medium avocado
1 C Vanilla Coconut Milk Kefir (DF milk and regular milk work also)
Ice, I use two handfuls


This is the DF Kefir I get, they also have strawberry and plain. It adds a creaminess to the smoothie.




Put the ingredients in a blender in the order above. Blend well until smooth, drink, and enjoy! This makes two servings and is about 210 calories per serving.




Even my boy loves a Green Monster in the morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment