Monday, July 19, 2010

Grilled Polenta with Tomato Bruschetta

My mom and I attended the Gluten Free Italian cooking class at Olivelle in June and we loved it. It was a lot of fun learning some new cooking tricks and the food was fantastic. I plan to get all of the recipes on here but I'm starting with the dish I fell in love with. I could live off this dish. It's an easy yet elegant appetizer and I've already made it for two BBQ's.





Grilled Polenta w/ Tomato Bruschetta
From Olivelle

1 log prepared Polenta, 1/4" slices
Garlic Olive Oil, an item from Olivelle I always have on hand
4 tomatoes, diced
3 basil leaved, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 C EVOO
2 T white balsamic vinegar, you can find this at Olivelle
Salt to taste
Ground pepper to taste
Balsamic glaze to finish. Another Olivelle item.


Heat your grill to high. I haven't tried this on the grill but my electric skillet at 350 F has worked well though I don't get the grill marks on the polenta this way.

Drizzle the polenta slices with the garlic olive oil and place oil side down on the grill. Heat for about 10 minutes before drizzling oil on the top side and flipping to cook the other side for 10 minutes.

In a glass bowl combine the tomatoes, basil, garlic, EVOO, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Spoon some tomato mixture on each polenta slice. Drizzle with the balsamic glaze.



I used the balsamic glaze with cherry, yum!


1 comment:

  1. I have never eaten Polenta, but wondered about it. This might be a great way to try it out! Thanks for sharing. I gave you a bloggy award today, if you wanna come check it out. :-)

    ReplyDelete