Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Starky's Authentic Americana Review

I had the pleasure of trying another local restaurant that offers GF food and I was impressed. Starky's has a great atmosphere and best of all a gluten free AND dairy free menu. It was so nice to see what I could safely eat and there were a lot of options.

We started with the Hummus Plate (sorry no picture) that was easily made GF by substituting their pita bread with their toasted home made bread. I was a little nervous about how good the bread would be but there was no need for that because it was delicious.

For my main meal I had the Wild Mushroom and Asparagus Polenta with Shrimp and it was fantastic. There wasn't a bit left on my plate.



For dessert my friend and I split the Raspberry Chocolate Mousse. Not only was it beautiful but it was so yummy. I could barely move when we left the restaurant.



Starky's is open for lunch and dinner, Monday through Saturday, along with a Sunday brunch. They also offer catering and have Red Bridge GF beer available. You can find them next to the parking garage downtown at 24 N. Tracy Ave.

No comments:

Post a Comment