Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Fudgy Gluten Free Brownies

Brownies are one of those things that are really hard to mess up. Of course some are better than others but when you get down to it brownies are a great way for new GF cooks to dive right in. I’ve made several GF brownies and I’ve liked all of them but can’t recall what recipes I’ve used, terrible I know. So I’m on a mission to find my favorite GF brownie recipe and since I love brownies this will be fun but terrible for my thighs. This recipe results in an extremely fudgy brownie with a nice flaky top. It’s so fudgy that you need to let it sit overnight for the best results. Now I first tried a piece when it was still very hot and none of it would hold together so I had to use a fork. The next piece I tried it had cooled more but it almost seemed as if it hadn’t been baked long enough. The next day I had another piece and it was perfect. I’m not always in the mood to wait overnight to enjoy my brownies but these are worth the wait. This is a very easy and quick recipe and it was my first choice because I already had the ingredients on hand.



Clare’s Gluten-Free Brownies
Adapted from Gluten Free Goddess

½ C butter (shortening can also work here)
1 C sugar
5 T cocoa
1 t salt
1 t vanilla extract
2 eggs
¾ C Gluten Free Mama’s Coconut Flour (or your favorite GF flour mix)
½ C chocolate chips

Melt the butter in the microwave then add the sugar, cocoa, salt, and vanilla extract mixing well. Mix in the eggs then add the flour and beat just to combine. Add the chocolate chips and spread in an 8”x8” baking pan. Bake at 350 F for 30 min. Allow them to cool completely, preferably overnight, before cutting in and enjoying!

No comments:

Post a Comment