Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Baked French Toast, Gluten Free

A few months ago I tried to make some gluten free rolls, they didn't turn out. They tasted fine but they were way too dry. I hate to waste anything and instead of throwing them out I turned them into French Toast but baked them. This is a great way to use up dry GF bread.



Baked French Toast
Adapted from Cooks.com
1/3 stick butter
1/3 C brown sugar
1 t cinnamon
6 eggs, beaten
1 C milk
Dash salt
6 pieces dry GF bread, 1/2 inch thick (I just cut my rolls in half)
Melt the butter and pour in the bottom of a 9"x13" baking dish. Sprinkle the brown sugar and cinnamon on top. Lay the bread in the pan. Mix the eggs, milk, and salt then pour over the bread. Refrigerate overnight and bake in a preheated 350 F oven for 45 minutes in the morning. You don't need to serve it with maple syrup but it sure doesn't hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment