Thursday, March 4, 2010

Over the Tapas in Bozeman, Review

Hubby and I decided it was time for us to have a lunch date and went to Over the Tapas. I had e-mailed them to ask about their GF menu and they said they have the items that are GF marked on their dinner menu (you can see it online) and also have an * next to the items that can be made GF upon request. Our waitress was very nice and gave us the dinner menu to check for GF items against the lunch menu since it didn't have them marked. We decided on 4 dishes, two of which we shared. The Datiles con Tocino (bacon wrapped dates) were heaven on a plate if you ask me and next time I won't be sharing. We also shared the Patatas Arrugadas (sea salt crusted potatoes with mojo sauce). Both dishes were really good and we liked the red sauce best but I mostly mixed the two sauces together. I don't think I could eat a whole plate of the Patatas Arrugadas to myself so it's a good one to share.



Hubby had the Chicken Skewers (marinated chicken breast with roasted plantains) for his main dish and it was tasty. The chicken was very tender and the plantains were fun to try since neither for us had had them before.



I had the Esparragos Asado a la Parilla (grilled asparagus, local goat cheese, toasted Pine nuts, and dijon aioli) for my main dish. It was so yummy and the sauce was to die for.




I liked that we got to choose different small plates to try out the food and it filled us up but didn't over fill us, it was just perfect. We'll definately be eating here again and it's comforting to have another restaurant with knowledgeable staff regarding GF needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment