Friday, October 15, 2010

Chicken Lettuce Wraps

I've been trying to limit my carb intake and I hate it but the good from it came this great lettuce wrap recipe. I like it spicy but the kids protest so I keep the red pepper flakes a bit lower than what's listed. It's something I could eat every day, but I don't.




Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Adapted from Tasty Kitchen

2 T rice vinegar
2 T brown sugar
1/2 t red pepper flakes
1/2 t ground ginger
2 t seasame oil
4 T gluten free soy sauce



Olive Oil, I use garlic flavored
4 chicken breasts, cut into bit sized pieces
4 garlic cloves, diced
1/2 C diced onions
1/2 C cashews, chopped
Lettuce leaves, rinsed and dried

Mix the vinegar, sugar, red pepper, ginger, seasame oil, and soy sauce then set aside.

Heat olive oil in a skillet and brown the chicken pieces. Add the garlic and onions toward the end to until tender. Add the cashews and sauce and saute for a few minutes until warm.

Wrap in the lettuce leaves.

2 comments:

  1. ooh yum, these look like the ones at pf changs! (but WAY cheaper!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only had the PF Chang's once (none in Montana, big surprise) and they were good but I think I may like these better. Let me know what you think of them.

    ReplyDelete