Friday, October 22, 2010

Salmon Cakes

Buying bulk cans of salmon at Costco has led to one fantastic meal, salmon cakes. This is the only way I can get my kids to eat salmon and it doesn't hurt that I let them call them pancakes. We top the cakes with tartar sauce (make sure it's free of HFCS) or ranch. This is a meal the kids will get second helpings on, can't beat that.


Salmon Cakes
Adapted from Tasty Kitchen


3 cans of wild Alaskan salmon - skinless & boneless
1/4 C onion chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 T dried parsley or 1/4 C fresh parsley
1 1/4 C bread crumbs, I use Udi's
3 dashes red pepper flakes
4 T mayo
1 T dijon mustard
1 egg


Mix all ingredients in a bowl and shape into 2 inch patties. Place on a cookie sheet and cover with syran wrap then put in the refrigerator to chill for 20 min. This helps the patties keep their form.

Heat a skillet to medium-medium high heat. I spray my skillet with Pam but you can also use olive oil if you prefer. Cook the patties on each side for about 3-5 minutes or until browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment