Monday, March 7, 2011

Giant Cookie Pizza - Gluten and Dairy Free

The kids had some friends over for a pizza and movie night this past weekend and I finally tried my hand at a giant cookie. I mean really, what better dessert goes with pizza than a cookie pizza? I was a bit nervous about it baking properly and my conversion to gluten free but the sun must have been shining on me because it worked out, a bit too well if you ask my scale.

I think it was best after it had fully cooled so make it the day ahead and cut just before serving. If you do cut it while the marshmallows are still warm spray your pizza cutter with non-stick cooking spray, it makes life a lot easier.



Giant Cookie Pizza - GF/DF
Adapted from Allrecipes


1/2 C Earth Balance Margarine (butter works if you can have it)
1/2 C peanut butter
1/2 C granulated sugar
1/2 C brown sugar, packed
1 egg
1/2 t vanilla
1/2 t xanthan gum
1 1/2 C gluten free flour, I used Gluten Free Mama's Almond Blend
2 C mini-marshmallows
1 C chocolate chips, gluten and dairy free


Preheat oven to 375 F.

In a mixing bowl combine the margarine, peanut butter, and sugars until fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla mixing thoroughly then add the xanthan gum and flour mixing until combined.

Spread the dough on a greased pizza pan into a 12 inch circle and bake for 12 minutes. Top with the marshmallows and chocolate chips then bake another 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut after completely cooled and be sure to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment