Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A Trip to Great Falls

Last weekend I went on a road trip with a couple friends to Great Falls to meet the one and only Pioneer Woman. Ree is such a hoot and we really enjoyed listening to her share her journey on becoming a blogger. If you haven't seen her blog it is well worth your time.

Of course I have to share the picture of us with Ree, she thought we were sisters and it didn't surprise me since I get that all the time with Shannon (on the right). I'm in the salmon colored jacket and I actually look tall in this picture, must be the heels.

For our dinner before this event we went to Romano's Macaroni Grill. I asked for the GF menu which was just a piece of paper listing my options under each category but at least it was something. Most of the options are safe without certain parts of the dish and I opted for the Jumbo Shrimp Spiedini without the vegetables so I opted for the grilled asparagus since it was under the safe sides list. The vegetables aren't safe because it looks like they have panko bread crumbs mixed in with them, I'm not sure why. So my dish arrived and it tasted great but I have to say I was disappointed that there were only 6 asparagus spears next to my shrimp. It was the type of plate where you look down and "Where's the rest of it?" pops into mind. At least I wasn't glutened and didn't go hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment