Friday, July 22, 2011

Birthday Cakes

I've mentioned before that my kid's birthdays are 14 days apart. This means the month of July, my busiest at work of course, is packed full of baking and decorating. I enjoy it but at the same time I stress out. The perfectionist in me rears her ugly head.


Since the cakes take so much work I have to share them. My boy celebrated his 5th birthday and Star Wars was the theme. He really likes the Dark Side.




My girl on the other hand is a HUGE Tinkerbell fan. Who can blame her a cute little fairy that is a bit of a tomboy. The decorations on the cake were painted on with a glitter, clear vanilla extract, and pink food coloring mixture. The pictures don't quite do it justice.



Both cakes were my chocolate cake recipe and the frosting is my creamy white frosting recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment