Monday, July 11, 2011

Grain Free Salmon Cakes - GF & DF too!

Salmon cakes are a staple in our house and I love the leftovers, they're so good cut up and served with salad greens, mmm. I've mentioned that I'm avoiding all grains and my standard salmon cake recipe calls for GF bread crumbs so I had to come up with a grain free alternative. Two tries in and I was a happy camper, this is my new standard recipe for salmon cakes.





Salmon Cakes - Grain Free



3 cans of wild Alaskan salmon - skinless & boneless

1/4 C onion, chopped

2 garlic cloves, minced

2 T dried parsley

1/4 C almond meal

3 dashes of red pepper flakes

4 T mayo

1 T dijon mustard

1 egg




Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl and shape into 2 inch patties. Heat a skillet to medium-medium high heat (325 degrees) and spray with cooking spray. Cook the patties on each side for about 3-4 minutes or until browned. Serve with tartar sauce, ranch, or wasabi mayo, mmm. No one will ever know that these are gluten, dairy, and grain free.

No comments:

Post a Comment