Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Balsamic Glazed Strawberries

My summer has been whizzing by with birthday parties and BBQ's and of course lots of delicious food. This dish is quick to whip together and a crowd pleaser. I know it sounds like a strange combination but it's worth a try and you won't be disappointed.



Balsamic Glazed Strawberries




Fresh strawberries, cut in half (about 16oz)

2 T balsamic glaze

2 T granulated sugar
Black pepper, freshly ground to taste



Place the strawberries in a bowl and drizzle with the balsamic glaze and sugar. Stir to coat the strawberries evenly and allow to sit for about an hour. Grind black pepper over the strawberries before serving. I don't put a lot of pepper on them but about 10 grinds makes me happy.

The balsamic glaze I use is from Olivelle. It's great on steak and with my grilled polenta w/ bruschetta recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment