Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Rhubarb Jello Salad

My rhubarb abundance isn't going away, it's not a bad thing I just feel a bit guilty that I can't use it all up. Don't feel sorry for me, I'm doing my best to focus on the positive that I can just keep enjoying my rhubarb and I still need to freeze some to hold me over through this winter. I was a bit apprehensive about trying this recipe but it was easy and the family loved it, much more so than I expected. I think it's the big chunks of strawberry that really sold them on this recipe.






Rhubarb Jello Salad

From Allrecipes



4 C rhubarb, cut in 1/4" slices

1 1/2 C water

1/2 granulated sugar

1 6oz package jello (strawberry, cherry, and raspberry are all very good)

1 C orange juice

1 C strawberries, sliced



Put the rhubarb, water, and sugar in a large saucepan and cook over medium-high heat until the rhubarb is tender. Remove from the heat and add the jello stirring until dissolved. Add the orange juice then allow to sit and cool until it's a bit syrupy. Add the strawberries then pour into a bowl or mould and place in the refrigerator until set.

No comments:

Post a Comment