Thursday, February 4, 2010

Fruit Salad

I stumbled upon this recipe last summer and fell in love. It’s quick, tastes great, and kids love it! What more could you ask for? It’s a nice recipe to adjust to what is in season, what you have on hand, or what your taste buds prefer. My kids will happily eat this morning, noon, and night. It's not surprising since it's filled with their favorite things.



Fruit Salad in Seconds
Adapted from Allrecipes

2 apples, peeled and chopped into bite size pieces*
1 pound seedless grapes
3 bananas, sliced
8 oz French vanilla yogurt

In a large bowl mix together the fruit and yogurt. Serve immediately.

*I peel my apples because my girl doesn’t like the skins, you can leave it on if you prefer

If you make this a couple hours ahead of time do everything but the bananas, they get too mushy if they sit too long.

Add any fruits or flavored yogurt you prefer, it’s nice to play around with the flavors and mixes. Strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, and pears would all be delicious.

2 comments:

  1. Oh boy, my daughter will love this once she's old enough for the grapes! I have a choking phobia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a choking phobia also, esecially since my girl likes to try to swallow things whole! I always dig out her grapes and cut them in quarters, that seems to do the trick.

    ReplyDelete