Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Maple Syrup Brussels Sprouts

Last fall I felt daring when I picked up a package of Brussels sprouts from Costco, I figured they were worth a try since I really had never had them before. I feel these poor things have a bad reputation, it’s just one of those vegetables that people automatically put in the terrible category. I crave this recipe and even though the rest of my family doesn’t really care for them, Hubby will eat one and that’s it, I’ll happily eat them all. My girl did eat all of hers so hopefully I’m at least bringing one of the kids over to my side.


Maple Syrup Brussels Sprouts
Adapted from Mrs. G.F.

15 brussels sprouts, washed and sliced in half (I just used 1/2 the bag)
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 T butter (you can use olive oil)
2 T olive oil
4 T maple syrup
1 T butter (again you can use olive oil)

Warm the olive oil and 2 T butter in a skillet on medium. Add the garlic then lay the Brussels sprouts in the pan cut sides down. Cover and cook until tender, about 15 minutes.

Heat the maple syrup and 1 T butter in the microwave. Add the syrup mixture to the Brussels sprouts and toss to coat. Happily serve to your family even though they don’t appreciate all of the Vitamin C and K packed into these bundles of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment