Friday, January 29, 2010

Skillet Lasagna

I love lasagna but I rarely have the foresight to plan ahead for it or the time because I didn’t plan. This dish is a quick version of lasagna that saves time and is easy enough to whip together after work. It was my first try at not cooking the lasagna noodles before using them and I was very pleased with the results. If you haven’t tried that yet please do, you’ll be pleasantly surprised.




Skillet Lasagna
Adapted from Kraft

1 lb ground beef or buffalo
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 jar spaghetti sauce
2 C water
¼ C Italian dressing
12 GF lasagna noodles, broken into thirds (I use Tinkyada)
½ C cottage cheese
1 C mozzarella cheese

Brown the meat and garlic in a large saucepan. Add the spaghetti sauce, water, and dressing. Bring to a boil then stir in the noodles and cover. Cook on medium-low heat for 30 minutes or until the noodles are tender, stirring occasionally. Be sure to separate any noodles that stick together or they won’t all cook through properly. Add the cottage cheese and mix well then top with the mozzarella and let stand until the cheese is melted.
For a dairy free option omit the cottage cheese and use DF mozzarella (Daiya is my fav). It will still be delicious. Be sure your spaghetti sauce is DF, our favorite had cheese in it so we had to buy the non-organic version which is DF.

No comments:

Post a Comment