Friday, April 30, 2010

Piece of Cake Bakery Portland, OR

We were on a bakery frenzy in Portland. It was vacation and how else were we to gain the standard 5 pounds from our vacation? Hence my recent diet. Piece of Cake Bakery not only makes GF cakes but also vegan and sugar-free cakes. Of course I was only interested in the GF cakes.


Not everything in this bakery is GF and be warned that the items labelled wheat free ARE NOT GF, they use spelt flour for these cakes. For the GF options they had about 8 cakes to choose from and we picked out 4 to try.

I went straight for my main love of chocolate and chose the chocolate raspberry cake. My boy liked the pink frosting so he chose the marionberry cake and Hubby picked the carrot and apple rum cakes. They all tasted great (even the carrot cake and I'm not a carrot cake fan) and had a wide variety of cake flavors which we enjoyed. We did prefer the cakes from New Cascadia Traditional but I wouldn't turn one of these down.


Piece of Cake Bakery is located at 8306 SE 17th in Portland, OR.

No comments:

Post a Comment