Monday, April 12, 2010

Udi's Bread & The Children's Museum

I apologize for being MIA the past couple of weeks. We had a fantastic vacation to Portland, OR (I have reviews for their gluten free bakeries) that took up all of my time before, during, and after. I think I'm back into our normal routine so I'll be posting again.

I am happy to say that we have a new GF bread in the area and I couldn't help but try it since I've heard such good things on the interwebs. Lee & Dad's IGA carries 2 of the Udi's breads in the freezer section (by the other frozen GF items) and their pizza crust. I've heard you can also now get Udi's at Oak Street Natural Market.

I let it sit on the counter until it was no longer frozen and promptly ate a slice. It's good. The inside is nice and springy while the crust has a nice chew to it, I couldn't get enough of the crust. It doesn't need to be toasted near as long as my homemade GF bread and it browns nicely in the toaster. The only downfall is the loaf is on the small (short) side but that won't stop me from keeping it in my freezer. The cost was $4.79 (ETA it was increased to $5.29 in May) for the loaf and I didn't think that was bad. I also saw that Lee & Dad's now carries Gluten Free Mama products. You can find them next to the Bob's Red Mill flours.

I took the kids to the Children's Museum on Saturday and we had a really nice time. The only reason I'm posting about it is because my boy seemed to have a reaction while he was playing with the lentils at the sensory table. After he had been playing with them for awhile he complained about them hurting him. His neck and tummy (two areas where they had touched his skin and the dust had gotten on him) were red and he kept scratching them. I took him to the bathroom to rinse off and then kept him away from the lentils. I don't know if the table and toys didn't get washed after the barley was in them or what but we'll be staying away from that table in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment