Thursday, July 2, 2009

Pickle Barrel

Today at work is inventory day, we do our final count for the year and see where we fall. To bribe all of the counters we have breakfast and lunch provided for us and since this is my first year gluten free I knew it was going to be interesting. First it was breakfast, I knew I wouldn't be able to enjoy the bagels with everyone and that's OK, I ate breakfast at home. For lunch they decided to order from the Pickle Barrel, this is a sandwich shop and obviously not a very gluten free place to eat. I was told they made salads so I figured I'd be OK with that and didn't put up too much of a fight. Yesterday when they called to place the orders our Admin was informed that only the downtown location made salads so my only option is a sandwich. Now I'm a bit peeved that they weren't willing to understand the situation and improvise for me but I guess this is why I'm not giving them a very good review either. The second part that burns me is they have all of the vegetables for a salad already chopped and ready for the sandwiches so how hard is it really to throw them in a bowl? So keep walking by my gluten free friends Colombo's down the street has a great salad bar for us and wonderful gluten filled pizza for the gluten eaters.

No comments:

Post a Comment