Monday, July 27, 2009

Chocolate Chex & Honey Nut Chex

I, I, love, love, honey, honey, chex, chex, better, better, than, than, the, the, rest, rest, rice, rice, corn, corn, we, we, want more…! Well it’s something like that but I’ve been singing the song all weekend because I found these at Lee & Dad’s IGA.


They are delicious and hubby and I have been enjoying handfuls from the boxes all weekend. In honor of being able to eat these I had to make a dessert and since it was delicious here’s the recipe. It was a great pick me up after a nice hike on Sunday.


Chocolate Chex Treats

¼ C butter
16 oz marshmallows (miniature are easier)
5 C Chocolate Chex cereal

Butter a spatula and 9x13 inch pan, you will need this at the end. Melt the butter in a large sauce pan over low heat. Add the marshmallows and stir until they are melted and blended with the butter. Stir and cook for an additional two minutes then remove from heat. Add the cereal and stir until coated by the marshmallow mixture. Taking your buttered spatula press the mixture into the buttered pan and holler for your husband when you’re covered in marshmallow that you need a metal spoon, well that’s at least what happened to me. Once it’s cooled cut into squares and enjoy!
They taste a lot better than this picture makes them look, trust me!

No comments:

Post a Comment