Thursday, August 27, 2009

Raspberry Pancakes & Maple Syrup


Our raspberry plants finally produced fruit this year and we have done a few picks so far. I’m surprised I wound up with any because my boy kept eating what I was picking. Thankfully he filled up and I had some left over. We love to use raspberries in pancakes, the tart and sweet flavors mix wonderfully and hubby requested that be our dinner after the first pick.

I’ve tried a lot of pancake recipes and by far these are the best. I use Gluten Free Mama’s Pancake Mix and I just don’t think there’s a better option out there. The texture and flavor are superb and I don’t think a gluten eater could tell the difference. Follow the directions on the back then add the raspberries to your batter and let it sit for about 5 minutes before cooking on your griddle. Add some homemade maple syrup and you’ll be in heaven.

Maple Syrup


I stick with the basic maple syrup recipe because it just works and we all love it. I also tend to triple the recipe so I’m not making syrup so often, just store it in a sealed container in the refrigerator.

2 C raw sugar
1 C water
1 t maple flavoring

Bring the water to a boil and add the sugar stirring constantly until it dissolves. Bring the mixture to a boil again, stirring occasionally, then remove from heat and add the maple flavoring. Pour into your container and serve hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment