Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Breads From Anna Mixes




The Breads From Anna Bread Mix is the best GF bread I have had so far. It has a great texture and isn’t crumbly plus it stays moist for 3-4 days on the counter. It’s not cheap but worth every penny in my opinion. I still like to try my hand at homemade bread now and then but this mix is always in my pantry. I use the mix in my Zojirushi Bread Machine and it turns out wonderfully. The manual tells you how to program a homemade cycle for GF breads. If you use a bread machine be sure to scrape down the sides during the mixing cycle, some of the flour doesn’t make it into the dough if you don’t do this. Also once the mix cycle is over and the rise cycle is starting I smooth the bread out to make it even. Put a little bit of water on your fingers or a spatula to help make it smooth and shape it as needed.





I saw the banana bread mix at Oak Street Market and figured it was worth a try. It was quick to put together and I made muffins since my littles love muffins. The taste was really good but they didn’t rise like my banana bread does. I also didn’t think the texture was quite as good as mine so I think I’ll stick to making them from scratch.







You can get these mixes at Oak Street Market and they are also available at Bonanza in Billings and Whitefish Super 1.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't tried this because I don't like the bean flours, but that's exactly how I feel about Pamela's bread mix. It's so nice to have a mix on hand that you know will turn out well.

    Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the popcorn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been making Bread from Anna's for two years and love it. Add raisins for a change, or add coconut milk ,one cup, 1/2 cup water for an very moist bread and fabulous flavor.

    To cut back on egg yokes, I use 1/3 cup of egg whites for the third egg. I also use an organic safflower oil, little less than recipe calls for.

    ReplyDelete