Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Gluten Free Croutons


I apologize for being quiet this last week but I was on vacation and Yellowstone doesn’t really have much connectivity with the internet and all. I am back though and have lots to post.

I’m not one that freezes half of my gluten free bread to keep it from drying out and we all know gluten free bread dries out fairly quickly so what do we do with this stale bread? Do not throw it away, it still has plenty of options for you and they are delicious. Toast is always a good option but I usually make French toast (mmm…) or croutons with my stale bread. I use the croutons to put in my meatloaf and to make chicken strips. They have so many options and are easy to make. I had run out of croutons so the other night I took my stale bread and busted out some croutons.

Garlic Parmesan Croutons

Stale bread
Garlic flavored Olive Oil*
Parmesan Cheese

There aren’t any measurements because it’s all based on how much bread you have and what your taste preferences are. Preheat your oven to 250 F. Slice the bread into small squares, I like mine to be about ¼” in size. Place the squares in a single layer on a cookie sheet then drizzle with the garlic flavored olive oil and dust with parmesan cheese. You can add any other flavors you like or just leave it plain if you prefer. Place in the oven for 30 minutes then remove and allow the croutons to cool. I place mine in a plastic bag and store them in the freezer to grab as I need. These smell so good when they’re in the oven.


*I like the garlic olive oil from Olivelle in Bozeman, if you haven’t been there I highly recommend stopping by it’s a lot of fun. They offer a ton of flavored olive oils so you can always add a kick to these with the different options.


No comments:

Post a Comment