Wednesday, June 10, 2009

EnviroKidz Koala Crisp Cereal


Gluten free cereals are not as easy to find as I thought they would be. Really who would have thought Rice Krispies weren’t GF or for that matter that they contain HFCS? For quite awhile we were only eating Rice Chex, which I still love and eat, but I wanted some variety and something fun for my son to eat. I’m sad he doesn’t get to enjoy the yumminess of Lucky Charms and all those other over sweetened cereals, I know that doesn't make sense since he'll be much more healthy without them. EnviroKidz is my answer for having variety and giving my son some sweet (but healthy sweet, no HFCS here) cereals. The Koala Crisp has a great chocolate flavor and will even turn your milk chocolate. I haven’t yet made rice krispie bars from them but I imagine they will be delicious when I finally do. I buy these big bags at Lee & Dad’s but you can get them in the box size at the Co-op and Rosauer’s. So far I haven’t been disappointed with any of the EnviroKidz cereals but my next favorite is the Amazon Frosted Flakes.


I've been keeping my eyes peeled for the new gluten free Chex cereals and so far I have only found the GF Corn Chex at Rosauer's. Since Montana seems to always be a bit behind hopefully we'll see them by the end of the summer. If you spot some let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment