Thursday, June 18, 2009

Double Fail

It’s bad enough when I have a single fail with a recipe but this was a full out double fail. I’ve been craving bread with roasted garlic in it, specifically the garlic Ciabatta bread Costco used to have. I was so excited to come up with a recipe, I was also feeling confident so I should have known things would not work out. I sat down and figured out how to make a general Ciabatta recipe gluten free and I was set. The first night I mixed the dough and then let it sit out for 24 hours. The next night I shaped it into a loaf and popped it in the oven. To give the crust that crunchy texture I put a dish of water on the bottom rack and my bread above it. Things were going great, I was full of excitement, and then I hear crack. What the heck? I open the oven door to find my stoneware cracked down the middle, ugh! This is fail number one and when my bread turned out horrible, mostly because it just didn’t bake right and wasn’t done, that gave me fail number two. Darned all that work!




Lesson learned, don't put a bowl of water below your stoneware.

No comments:

Post a Comment