Monday, December 7, 2009

7 Bone Roast


With a high today of -2 F it’s a good time to throw something in the crock pot and have a hearty warm meal for dinner. I’ve been trying to use up the buffalo meat we have in our freezer and I have a lot of roasts to cook, that’s not such a bad lot in life. One roast cut is a 7-bone roast and I was a bit nervous to cook this. I’ve never heard of it for one and there weren’t a lot of recipes online to give me ideas on what to do. I found this recipe and it was fantastic. The roast was moist and delicious plus the meat just fell off the bone so all I had to do was pick the bones out and remove a little bit of fat. It’s a nice hearty meal and the leftovers will make great BBQ sandwiches.


7 Bone Roast Gluten Free
Adapted from Family Recipe Box

1 7 bone roast, I used buffalo
½ C water
1 C red wine (I used a Syrah)
1 envelope GF French onion dip (I used Simply Organic)
1 onion, chopped
6 carrots, sliced
4 medium potatoes, cubed
6 cloves garlic, minced
3 celery stalks, sliced

Place the vegetables in the bottom of the crock pot then place the roast on top. Season with salt and pepper then pour the water and wine over the meat and vegetables. Sprinkle with the onion dip. Cook on low for 10 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment