Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Gluten Free Cheesy Beer Bread


I saw this cheesy beer bread recipe at Tasty Kitchen and I had to try it, it looked too good to pass up plus there wasn’t much time needed to whip it together. This accompanied our roast this last weekend and it was delicious. It’s a quick bread so no time wasted for it to rise, just mix and bake resulting in a dense but tasty loaf. Delicious? Yes! Healthy? No! The whole family liked it and it’ll be my new recipe for when I need some bread and I need it fast.

Gluten Free Cheesy Beer Bread
Adapted from Tasty Kitchen

3 C gluten free flour (I used Mama’s Almond Blend)
2 t xanthan gum
3 t baking powder
1 t salt
¼ C granulated sugar
1 C cheddar cheese, shredded (For DF Daiya works perfectly)
12 oz gluten free beer, I used Redbridge
¼ C melted butter
Garlic & onion powder to taste
Parsley flakes

Preheat oven to 375 F. Sift together the flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Stir in the cheese and mix well. Mix in the beer, it will be a bit hard toward the end but I was able to get it all mixed together by hand. Put in a loaf pan or separate into muffin tins. Pour melted butter on top of the dough, sprinkle with garlic and onion powders to taste, then sprinkle with parsley flakes to make it pretty. Bake for 1 hour with a loaf, I would try for 40-45 minutes with the muffin tins.

No comments:

Post a Comment