Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Gluten Free Chocolate Crinkles

For some reason I have been craving chocolate crinkles, I’ve never even made these cookies in my gluten eating days but I just had to have them. I adapted a recipe from Allrecipes and I can’t stop eating these cookies. The kids are all over them too. Usually they take a few bites then are done with cookies but with these the powdered sugar was first licked off by the boy then the cookie was devoured. It’s a winner in my book.




Gluten Free Chocolate Crinkles

Adapted from Allrecipes

4-1 oz squares unsweetened chocolate (Hershey's Baking Bar's are dairy free)
½ C shortening (I used Spectrum)
2 C granulated sugar
2 t vanilla extract
4 eggs
2 C GF flour (I used Gluten Free Mama’s Almond blend)
2 t baking powder
1 t xanthan gum
¼ t salt
¾ C powdered sugar

In a small saucepan melt the chocolate and shortening over low heat. Remove from heat and add the sugar and vanilla. Beat the eggs in one at a time. In a mixing bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, xanthan gum, and salt. Stir in the chocolate mixture until thoroughly combined. Chill the dough overnight.

Preheat oven to 350 F. Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and then roll the balls in the powdered sugar to coat. I make sure they are well coated. Place the balls about 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet and bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Let them cool on a wire rack & enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment