Friday, December 11, 2009

Mrs. Leeper's Chicken Alfredo Review

Before I post the review remember there is a Gluten Free Bake Sale tomorrow at Oak Street Natural Market, here's the link for more information if you haven't read about it. I made chocolate crinkles last night to donate so I'll be wrapping them up tonight and I hope I can make it pretty.



Last week I was in a cooking slump. I was more than happy to bake cookies or cook candy but I sure didn’t want to cook dinner. I was searching the pantry for something easy to make when I saw the Mrs. Leeper’s Chicken Alfredo box. My mom had given this to me and I hadn’t used it yet. I’ll admit I wasn’t expecting much from this boxed dinner but I was desperate so I gave it a try. The directions are easy and since I had some leftover canned chicken I used that instead of cubing and browning a chicken breast. I think it took about 20 minutes from start to finish and I added a can of peas at the end then topped it with fresh grated Parmesan cheese. I dished the kids up before Hubby and me and by the time I sat down to eat my girl had almost cleaned her plate. The boy was digging in also and without encouragement from me so that was nice. I took a bite and was surprised by how good it was. Hubby said he likes it better than the canned Alfredo that I buy because it’s not as strong of a flavor. We were all happy with it and I’ll probably keep it in the pantry just so I have an easy meal on nights I don’t feel like cooking or have much time. You can buy the Mrs. Leeper’s box meals at Rosauer’s Huckleberry Market and Oak Street Natural Market.


No comments:

Post a Comment