Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Gluten Free Mascarpone Brownies

I had high hopes for these brownies and unfortunately they were not met. All the reviews online are glowing and I expected the most chocolatey brownies in the world, what I got was a disappointment. They’re cakeier than I like but the taste just isn’t really good. They weren’t sweet enough for me so I put frosting on them to, as Hubby said, make them more palatable. The frosting, my no-cook fudge frosting, saved these from hitting the trash. What are the chances of both of us not even liking these enough to still happily eat them? The nice thing is that they are moist and hold together really well even straight out of the oven. Maybe it was the chocolate I used, 60% cocoa and dark, who knows?




Gluten Free Mascarpone Brownies
Adapted from RecipeZaar

1 C butter
3 oz best-quality semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
1 C granulated sugar
½ C cocoa powder
½ C mascarpone cheese, I got mine at Lee & Dad’s
3 eggs, room temp
2 t vanilla
½ C GF flour
¼ t salt

Preheat over the 325 F and butter an 8x8 pan. Melt the butter in a small saucepan bringing it to just below a boil. Pour over the chopped chocolate in a mixing bowl and let stand for 30 seconds. Stir until the chocolate is completely melted. Add the sugar and cocoa powder slowly and with a wooden spoon beat in the mascarpone, eggs, and vanilla mixing until smooth. Fold in the flour and salt then pour batter into the pan making sure it is spread evenly. Bake for 45 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.

I’m not even sure why I’m posting this because I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment